So I'm standing in court

You don't have to be a pedlar to tell us about pedlars that you've seen, what were they selling? Where? Were they doing ok?
Did you kiss them? It's national 'Kiss a pedlar' year of 2018!
<-- Don't kiss him though, yuk!

So I'm standing in court

Postby Ian Pedlar » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:22 pm

And I ask the magistrates 'Your worships, would it be ok to ask a question of the prosecution?' and they say 'yes of course' so I turn to the prosecution.

me: Would you say that I am of good character?

prosecution: I don't know you, I can't answer that.

me: May I draw your attention to section 5 sub paragraph 1 of the Pedlars Act 1871 which states
Subject as in this Act mentioned, a pedlar’s certificate shall be granted to any person by the chief officer of police in which the person applying for a certificate has, during one month previous to such application, resided, on such officer being satisfied that the applicant is above seventeen years of age, is a person of good character, and in good faith intends to carry on the trade of a pedlar:
and suggest that by law, to hold a pedlars certificate I must be of good character, would you agree?

prosecution: Well, upon reading of that law I'd have to say Yes

me: Then may I ask if your town has a policy in place to approach a person PROVEN BY LAW to be of good character and then to seize his only means of making a living for himself?
giffgaff seem to be paying 'me' for using 'them' at the moment! Can't get much cheaper than that!
See my website for details www.ffagffig.com
Ian Pedlar
Site Admin

Return to Pedlars ... have you seen one? Where? How were they doing?