aliexpress.com

If you have an idea of what's good to sell let everyone know.

aliexpress.com

Postby Ian Pedlar » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:31 pm

Anyone heard of alibaba.com? enormous Chinese website where you can buy stuff in bulk for really low prices.

Only trouble is that they really do deal in bulk and talk of prices 'DDS' or Direct To Ship (or some such) leaving you to deal with what happens to your goods when they arrive at port.... bit complicated.

However they have a relatively new site called AliExpress.com which should get your goods sent to your door, a bit like eBay but potentially a lot cheaper!

Check it out.

Report back here please
giffgaff seem to be paying 'me' for using 'them' at the moment! Can't get much cheaper than that!
See my website for details www.ffagffig.com
Ian Pedlar
Site Admin

Re: aliexpress.com

Postby Odard » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:53 pm

I've not seen AliExpress.com before but, looking at it the items I'm thinking of buying, the price per item looks just like Ebay or Amazon.
Can't comment on other types of items though.
Odard

Re: aliexpress.com

Postby shodno » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:51 pm

Hello Ian,
Aliexpress is Alibaba's platform for selling smaller quantities.
I haven't imported from China myself yet, but here are a couple of interesting links.
The first is an article regarding importing from China through the likes of Ebay, but much of the information is relevant.
http://www.infomania.co.uk/archives/526
The next link is to an excellent site that has lots of good, free advice on importing from China.
http://startupbros.com/
In particular the Popular Articles has some good stuff.
As I understand it, importing stuff valued up to £15.00 should not incur VAT and Customs charges.
I mention this because I saw an offer for 100 Magic Worms on Aliexpress for less than £14.00 including P&P (not in retail packaging though)
It could take a couple of months before you get your delivery, and getting scammed is an ever present risk, but it may be something to consider.
To lessen the chance of being scammed on Alibaba, only deal with Gold Suppliers.

Kind regards,
shodno
shodno

Return to What items to sell and where to get them