newly certified, some questions

What is and what is not allowed? The folks in here will sort it out.
Case Law seems to be the evil wicked witch of the west at the moment.

newly certified, some questions

Postby PedlarNick » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:08 pm

OK, Thankfully I had spent hours reading the law and various acts and cases before going to a police station 30 miles away from home. Local one wouldn't entertain it. 2 Desk coppers attempted to stop my application before finally, a heated conversation with an inspector of the local licencing department lead to my application being processed. Even the inspector was confused i.e County of Merseyside Act 1980 he kept referring me to as a trader, had to keep correcting him! luckily I had open various bits of proof and got the message over. They really do not like you getting a certificate.

So my original plan was hand cart, built up and fabricated around the equipment to sell local roasted coffee, all juices, fridges for salad bowls and raw food bowls, few other low risk foods. I have applied for my EDH licence but no sign as of 7 days. I ve checked all the sizes and can do it under 1 meter cubed.
However I'm concerned that the biggest generator I was planning on hiring that would fit 5 kva , it wouldn't have enough power to run what I would need ie, 2 medium fridges, 1 small freezer, 1 filter machine, 1 espresso, 1 juicer. I know it wouldn't be all on at the same time. Any one with experience offer any advice on size of generator to amount and type of equipment needed?

So I want to get selling next week, and my cart isn't fabricated and looks like will take 2 weeks, so I'm buying another cheap one and 500 foil balloons and helium hire.
What's the normal selling price by a pedlar for a 18" foil character balloon? I live at the sea side and very little competition, I'm hoping 500 balloons is achievable in a week, I'm a confident sales person! if any balloon sellers are on what's a good day in terms of number balloons sold?

Finally does any one sell nitrous oxide to over 18s around the clubs? I know the law has banned it but I haven't seen any proof of the police enforcing it? risky but selling helium balloons as a cover!! probably wouldn't but wondered what other peoples experiences have been selling it in the last year.

I hope to be a regular poster once I start selling, cheers Arthur Mutts
PedlarNick

Re: newly certified, some questions

Postby Lez6781 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:22 am

Hi. Have you thought about a leisure battery and power invertor rather than a generator? We run a snowcones trailer of a 110ah battery and it lasts all day.
Where are you renting the helium from please? We are looking to add balloons to what we do but couldn't find it a decent price anywhere!
Lez6781

Postby PedlarNick » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:56 pm

Ive used these, picking the large one up
Tomorrow from my local dept. http://balloonhelium.co.uk/main/pricing
Thanks for suggestion, I will look into it. I need to run a fridge, 2 small coffee machines and a kettle so i don't need as much power as I first thought. Stick starts to arrive tomorrow and starting on the fabrication!
PedlarNick

Postby PedlarNick » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:59 pm

http://www.halfords.com/camping-leisure ... ery-115-ah
Do you think i could run a 4 way extension from this for a small fridge, 2 perculators and a kettle?
PedlarNick

Return to The Law