Pedlars code of conduct

What is and what is not allowed? The folks in here will sort it out.
Case Law seems to be the evil wicked witch of the west at the moment.

Pedlars code of conduct

Postby griffman » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi,
When you apply for a pedlars cert at Blackpool police station you are given a Pedlars code of conduct which includes 16 regulations.
At the end of the 16 regulations is says, If you are witnessed breaching any aspect of the code by either police trading standards or BID town centre wardens your Pedlars cert will be seized by the police. I would like to copy and past the code of conduct to this topic but it will not let me. It makes good reading and should be available on the Blackpool council web site, I think some of the code could be challenged in court.
griffman

Re: Pedlars code of conduct

Postby Ian Pedlar » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:05 pm

It won't let you copy and paste it?
That's strange.

Is it a very long text?

You should definitely see if you can show it to the guys at http://Pedlars.info as they are asking for that kind of stuff so they can challenge the police.
giffgaff seem to be paying 'me' for using 'them' at the moment! Can't get much cheaper than that!
See my website for details www.ffagffig.com
Ian Pedlar
Site Admin

Postby Izalias » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:11 pm

Only a Magistrate has the power to revoke a Pedlar's certificate.

http://pedlars.info/statutes-bills-case ... shire.html

The police are attempting to circumnavigate the act and may be acting unlawfully if they are trying to create a new contract, decline the code of conduct and tell them the case law cited above and the finding.
Izalias

Postby Ian Pedlar » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:04 am

Strange it won't let you paste it, the forum software is usually quite forgiving.
Perhaps try to copy it to notepad first then copy from notepad to the forum or maybe copy just a few of the conditions at a time?
giffgaff seem to be paying 'me' for using 'them' at the moment! Can't get much cheaper than that!
See my website for details www.ffagffig.com
Ian Pedlar
Site Admin

Return to The Law