Street Photography - any help??

Pedlars, How cool to hold a certificate that proves by law you are a person of good character!
Worth getting one just for the hallibut! Oh no, that's a fishing certificate.

Street Photography - any help??

Postby rushy5150 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi - I'm new to this - what kind of licence would I need to undertake street photography - basically taking groups of people and selling them the print on the spot, but moving around to do it - not from a static location. I'm thinking of events and landmark type places

TIA

Pete
Last edited by rushy5150 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
rushy5150

Re: Street Photography

Postby Liquid » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:30 pm

Hi am not sure on this one.people take photos of landmarks everyday without licence, and the photo you take is your copyright" your artwork you have the right to sell if you like what you useing a polariod
Liquid

Postby markd » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:30 am

It sounds good in theory....but everybody has a camera on their phone.....I think you will starve.

Where I live there used to be many street photographers working with a snake, who would take a photo of you holding a python etc etc, but there is now a bye law which makes taking professional photographs in the street illegal.
markd

Postby rushy5150 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:14 am

So the Idea we had when we were in Bowness one weekend and it was rammed with tourists all taking pictures (literally thousands of Japanese tourists) with the lake and boats in the background etc. I thought it might be a money spinner to have a nice frame with 'greetings from bowness' (or something like) that that 4 people could look through and with my good DLSR and portable event printer I could charge a fiver a pop for 5X7 or a tenner for 10X8. A bit like an ultimate selfie!

You could easily adapt this to other events - where we live there is a missive 40's weekend every year plus 60's weekend, Steampunk weekend etc. I'm a graphic designer so building the custom frame is easy and I have all the other gear.

I just need to know what Licence I would need to do this. I would be moving around and not stay on one spot.
rushy5150

Return to Pedlars Forum