Bottling it

Pedlars, How cool to hold a certificate that proves by law you are a person of good character!
Worth getting one just for the hallibut! Oh no, that's a fishing certificate.

Re: Bottling it

Postby Serene » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:31 am

Thank you so much for all the support and advice everyone, you've really helped me a lot. I'll definitely take some of your suggestions on board and get back out there and give it another go. Cheers! I'll let you know how I go :D
Serene

Postby Serene » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:51 am

And griffman, that formula for luck? Brilliant! I've always wondered what the secret was! Bloody great :ymparty:
Serene

Postby griffman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:31 pm

If you can bottle that formula and sell it you have my blessing !
griffman

Postby Serene » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:41 pm

Good one =))
Serene

Postby markd » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:09 pm

Ian Pedlar wrote:I know the feeling but don't give up just yet.
Try and think how can I engineer it to my advantage?

How about you decide to make a sign 'Hand crafted Yarn reefs' and you force yourself to sit somewhere public reading your book but with the sign out and just fish.

Do this a few times if necessary.

If at first you don't succeed...

You'll soon have a yarn reef song that you sing :}

By the way, what's a yarn reef?

If you do this, you will be acting outside of the law, Pedlars dont sit on a bench "fishing" for as long as they like.

I would make myself a small trolley for this line, something you can flash your goods on really well. Having a trolley gives you a "psychological" barrier IMO and you should feel more comfortable. Also I think that customers are more likely to browse if the goods are on a trolley rather than a tray, they have to get really close to you when the goods are on a tray, where as with a trolley they have a more comfortable distance.

Make sure you trade as a pedlar- scale and regular movement.

Good luck, you will do fine.
markd

Postby Ian Pedlar » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:53 pm

You are absolutely right and perhaps 'fishing' isn't the thing to advise though a nice lady sitting down actually constructing things that people want to buy, well it's hard to imagine anyone having a problem with that.

Make friends is always my advice, hopefully you won't get one of those over zealous self-appointed know it all officials who prefer 'attack' rather than discussion, I think they are few and far between.

Don't read your book then :) but rather sit there constructing new yarn wreaths.
giffgaff seem to be paying 'me' for using 'them' at the moment! Can't get much cheaper than that!
See my website for details www.ffagffig.com
Ian Pedlar
Site Admin

Postby Ian Pedlar » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:02 pm

I have to say It's a good idea!

push it!
giffgaff seem to be paying 'me' for using 'them' at the moment! Can't get much cheaper than that!
See my website for details www.ffagffig.com
Ian Pedlar
Site Admin

Postby griffman » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:30 pm

Just like to say, a good item which is selling well here in Blackpool this time of year, bobble hats, roll on summer when we won't need them.
griffman

Postby markd » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:54 am

Ian Pedlar wrote:You are absolutely right and perhaps 'fishing' isn't the thing to advise though a nice lady sitting down actually constructing things that people want to buy, well it's hard to imagine anyone having a problem with that.

There's no PERHAPS about it, that is very dangerous advice to offer to someone who is new to pedling..

You seem to be missing the point, you cant sit down making things on the street if you are acting under the lawful protection of a Pedlars Certificate. YOU MUST TRADE AS A PEDLAR.

The " Im a really lovely person bothering no-one" doesnt count, she would be trading illegally.
markd

Previous

Return to Pedlars Forum